- To participate in the 911Metallurgist Forums, be sure to JOIN & LOGIN
- Use Add New Topic to ask a New Question/Discussion about Assaying, Microscopy, Mineralogy & XRF/XRD.
- OR Select a Topic that Interests you.
- Use Add Reply = to Reply/Participate in a Topic/Discussion (most frequent).
Using Add Reply allows you to Attach Images or PDF files and provide a more complete input.
- Use Add Comment = to comment on someone else’s Reply in an already active Topic/Discussion.
Handheld XRF Analysis on Magnetite Fe% Variance Between Wet and Dry Sample (2 replies)
Please join and login to participate and leave a comment.
I'm using a handheld XRF device for random field analysis in my magnetite plant.
I take a wet magnetite sample from my feed to plant and get a Fe% of 58.72 % but when I let the same sample dry and I measure the Fe% with the same handheld XRF device, I get a Fe% result of 61.79 %. I've done more than one test and the dry magnetite sample is on average 2 % higher than the wet magnetite sample.
Why would there be a Fe% increase on the same material with the only difference being the moisture content?
Any help would be much appreciated.