- To participate in the 911Metallurgist Forums, be sure to JOIN & LOGIN
- Use Add New Topic to ask a New Question/Discussion about Assaying, Microscopy, Mineralogy & XRF/XRD.
- OR Select a Topic that Interests you.
- Use Add Reply = to Reply/Participate in a Topic/Discussion (most frequent).
Using Add Reply allows you to Attach Images or PDF files and provide a more complete input.
- Use Add Comment = to comment on someone else’s Reply in an already active Topic/Discussion.
How do you precipitate gold from cycnide plating solution? (2 replies)
Please join and login to participate and leave a comment.
Hello, I'm new to this forum so thanks in advance for any help. We regularly send out gold solution for reclaim but I would like to find a better way of knowing what to expect from this solution and obviously AA isn't the best option for this. Everyone I talk to says precipitation and fire assay is the industry standard for this. I've been looking at using sodium metabisulfite for the precipitation but I'm having trouble finding good information on how I should destroy the cyanide before moving forward with the precipitation. We deal with cyanide destruction here in our WWT system but I assume chlorine isn't going to work for this. How does others do this? Any advice would be great. Thanks again!