- To participate in the 911Metallurgist Forums, be sure to JOIN & LOGIN
- Use Add New Topic to ask a New Question/Discussion about Assaying, Microscopy, Mineralogy & XRF/XRD.
- OR Select a Topic that Interests you.
- Use Add Reply = to Reply/Participate in a Topic/Discussion (most frequent).
Using Add Reply allows you to Attach Images or PDF files and provide a more complete input.
- Use Add Comment = to comment on someone else’s Reply in an already active Topic/Discussion.
Portable XRF application for fine alluvial gold (1 reply)
Please join and login to participate and leave a comment.
Hi, I am a geologist exploring some old alluvial workings which have a reported average Au grade of under 1g/m3. The gold is very fine at under 500 microns and is disseminated within very coarse grained to pebbly alluvial sandstone. My aim is to undertake a detailed portable XRF survey of these sands along a fresh outcrop with a small sample spacing. My question is, given the fine nature of the free gold and its relatively low concentration, will the XRF be able to detect and confirm the presence of gold?