- To participate in the 911Metallurgist Forums, be sure to JOIN & LOGIN
- Use Add New Topic to ask a New Question/Discussion about Assaying, Microscopy, Mineralogy & XRF/XRD.
- OR Select a Topic that Interests you.
- Use Add Reply = to Reply/Participate in a Topic/Discussion (most frequent).
Using Add Reply allows you to Attach Images or PDF files and provide a more complete input.
- Use Add Comment = to comment on someone else’s Reply in an already active Topic/Discussion.
will assay results be different than aqua regia extraction microscopic gold vs pyrite (1 reply)
Please join and login to participate and leave a comment.
i have been mining now for a couple years in barkerville and recover a couple buckets of sulphides every season, my claim neighbor crushed some of the sulphides and got a bit of freegold when panning, he then sent the crushed tailings out for assay, apparently its a special type of pyrite (cant remember the name) and carries up to 25-30% gold, if I send some out for assay myself and get the results, lets say it is 1 oz gold / per pound sulphides, if I do the aqua regia method on one pound of sulphides will I recover one ounce or will chemical extraction yield different results? i am experienced in working with chemicals and know all the hazards.