What is the relationship between Abrasion Index affects Wear Rates of steel ball mill and rod mill liners as well as the wear life or consumption of grinding balls or rods. A little bit of data on crusher (gyratory and roll) liner wear life in also shown.
A Mineral Hardness Kit is made up of reference rocks and mineral samples and a scratching tool. Test Kits will often contain with (9) specimens: gypsum, talc, calcite, fluorite, apatite, orthoclase, quartz, topaz and corundum. Use will use a nail or scratching tool to see if you can scratch any of the minerals in the box you purchased. Based
Another Summary Table of various Impact Work Index by Rock or Mineral Type (/metric tonne).
Find a referential Rod Mill Work Index Table here.
Beginners might ask what grinding test data is required in order to properly size a grinding mill. After the grind requirements are established, testing for the selection of comminution circuits and mill size can be initiated and can include the following:
- Primary Autogenous Media Competency
- Primary Autogenous and Semi-Autogenous Pilot Plant
- Secondary Autogenous (Pebble) Testing
- Impact Crushing – Bond Work Index
- Rod Mill Grindability – Bond Work Index
- Ball Mill Grindability – Bond Work Index
- Abrasion Index
- Crushing, Grinding and Concentration Pilot Plant
SAG & AG Mills can be sized according to any of the most appropriate methods of rock