- These are the 3 corded hammer drills that we recommend for 2022:
- 1. ENEACRO 1-1/4 Inch SDS-Plus
- 2. BOSCH 11255VSR Bulldog Xtreme
- 3. BOSCH GBH2-28L
- 4. BOSCH 1-9/16-Inch SDS
- 5. DEWALT Electric Drill, Pistol-Grip,1/2-Inch
- 6. SKIL 7.5-Amp
- 7. ENEACRO 1-1/4 Inch SDS-Plus
- 8. DEWALT Rotary Hammer Drill with Shocks, D-Handle, SDS, 1-1/8-Inch
- 9. BLACK+DECKER Hammer Drill, 6.5-Amp, 1/2-Inch
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you purchase through these links.
Battery-powered portable drills are great but sometimes you need a drill that can use the power of main-line electricity. Corded hammer drills never need charging and have much more power at just the tap of the trigger.
Using a hammer drill is a key tool for drilling into strong materials like concrete, just remember to use it with tungsten carbide-tipped drill bits. The same is true when it comes to stainless steel something that we are regularly drilling into at 911Metallurgist HQ – you need both drilling and hammering to drill into these strong materials.
Another thing to be aware of when working with any type of hammer drill is related to how much sound they create, the CDC states that hammer drills can create 114 dB which can cause hearing loss.
lf you want our recommendations for drill bits, then check out our buying guide for drill bits for concrete, drill bits for stainless steel and drill bits for porcelain tile.
As always, our best product lists are created with the support of our community of metallurgists from all over the world as well as the expert metallurgist on our team. Our goal is to help those looking for the best-corded hammer drill avoid those that are likely to break down, fail to perform, or just be poor value when compared to what drills professionals are recommending and buying.
If we are missing your favorite corded hammer drill then don’t hesitate to let us know and we will evaluate it for our next update.
Drilling is a fairly simple activity that involves spinning a drill bit very fast. A standard impact drill just spins the drill bit but a hammer drill also puts a lot of forward pressure into the material you are drilling – imagine someone pushing the drill forward as it spins. The downside is that you can burn through drill bits if they are too weak for the material but the positive is that you can drill easily through very hard materials like stainless steel or concrete.
As part of the evaluation process we looked at the latest offering from major brands like Dewalt, Bosch and Black&Decker to look at:
- Speed of drill
- Power usage
- Performance in a variety of different materials
These are the 3 corded hammer drills that we recommend for 2022:
1. ENEACRO 1-1/4 Inch SDS-Plus
If you could only have one corded hammer drill then the Eneacro is what I recommend to those who don’t have a massive budget.
It is a professional-grade corded hammer drill that packs a powerful punch but at a price that is much lower than the other units on this list. This corded hammer drill can even be used for heavy-duty drilling in any material to create holes and drive screws in concrete, brick, and other hard materials. It uses the efficient 1-1/4 inch bit size, perfect for many different applications.
It is also an excellent choice for many homeowners and smaller businesses looking to use it in home repairs, pipe and props drilling, and other typical DIY applications.
This corded hammer drill is easy to operate and has an ergonomic handle that you can easily hold onto while drilling. The drill itself weighs 3 pounds which makes it easy to carry around. The handle is cushioned to stay comfortable even after using it for hours.
It is also compact and easily portable. It has a compact design that allows you to take it with you on the go. The two-year warranty on this machine also shows how it is built to last and will quickly pay for itself.
This corded hammer drill uses a robust 13 amp motor that delivers an impressive speed of 3000 rpm. Its drawbacks would be that it does not have an adjustable speed, and the bit does not feature a quick change design. Some of their complaints include the drill not starting on the first try, and it has a bit that is prone to bending due to its design but overall this is a solid unit for those wanting to use a corded hammer drill without spending excessive money.
- Speed: 820 RPM
- Power: 1500 Watts
- Weight: 18.5 pounds / 8.3kg
- ✔️【POWERFUL MOTOR】 13Amp industrial motor with 5.5 feet /lbs（7.4 joules)impact energy is designed to complete heavy duty concrete and metal working projects with ease and precision. Heat resistant copper wire motor allows long working time without burning the machine. Anti-dust bottom structure extend the hammer’s use life. ENRH3201 high-performance electric rotary hammer helps to increase your efficiency and makes a better life.
- ✔️【FOUR FUNCTIONS】 Four different functions of drill only(suitable for wood, steel , etc.), hammer only(suitable for concrete or brick) ,hammer drill(suitable for heavy duty work) function and chisel position adjustment adapt to variety of work scenarios which are easy to switch. You can quickly switch the functions by two different switches. Compared with single function switch design, double function switch design can extend 100% service life.
- ✔️【HUMANIZATION DESIGN】 Safety clutch protection designed to guarantee your wrist When the hammer is subjected to high torque force. 360° adjustable handle applies to different work and the upgraded double layer anti-vibration system with PU soft grip designed to decrease the vibration effectively, and reduce fatigue. Aluminum alloy housing design makes the rotary hammer very sturdy and durable, even if the machine accidentally fell on the ground it will not be damaged.
- ✔️【DRILLING CAPACITY】 The max drilling diameter for concrete is 1-1/4 inch and for metal is 1/2 inch. ENRH3201 rotary hammer drill can reach 820 r/min no-load speed and 4200bpm max impact frequency. The SDS-Plus chuck allows for easy and secure bit changes to keep your project going（Only SDS-PLUS drill bits are acceptable).
- 💪【WIDE APPLICATION】 Reliable heavy duty construction rotary hammer is suitable for professional or daily home users. The ENRH3201 rotary hammer will make it an easy job no matter remove tiles or demolishing brickwork. And it is suitable for wood, masonry, concrete, brick and metal.
2. BOSCH 11255VSR Bulldog Xtreme
The one option for the professional who wants to invest in something they might use every day.
The Bosch 11255VSR is a corded hammer drill designed for extreme conditions. It has a high speed of 3100 rpm, enough to get the job done. Its ½ inch chuck can hold up to 1-inch bits, allowing you to use it for many different applications.
Bosch has built this corded hammer drill using their unique Bulldog technology, providing extra durability and working at total capacity even after long periods. It comes with a two-year manufacturer’s warranty.
It is easy to operate and weighs only 4 lbs. It has a pistol-like grip that allows you to hold onto it and get the job done firmly. It has an adjustable spindle speed, allowing you to use different speeds for different applications, making it more versatile than most corded hammer drills.
The Bosch 11255VSR quickly starts and is also very quiet when in operation. It also has a one-piece hammer which helps provide a more extended-lasting clutch pack and shaft. The one-year limited warranty is another bonus of this product.
This hammer drill is not the most powerful on the market, but it has enough power to get the job done. Even with its less powerful motor, it still performs great on many different material types and is perfect for DIY and light construction work.
People’s only complaint is that the product can sometimes be noisy. Bosch has delivered an excellent corded hammer drill in their Bulldog Xtreme, making it excellent for any homeowner or professional contractor.
- Speed: 300 RPM
- Power: 850 Watts
- Weight: 10.5 lbs / 4.72kg
- 3 MODES: multi-function selector offers 3 modes of operation; Rotation-only, rotary hammer, and hammer only mode; Variable speed trigger with reverse offers accurate bit starting or easy fastener removing
- EASE OF USE: vibration control for comfort in all day applications
- ERGONOMIC: D-handle design provides comfort and optimal control, especially for overhead or downward drilling applications
- CONVENIENT: SDS-plus bit system provides tool-free bit changes with automatic bit locking, dust protection and maximum impact energy transfer; Vario lock positioning offers 36 bit positions for optimized chiseling angle
- POWER: 7.5 amp motor produces 0.1,300 RPM and 0.5,800 BPM to power through the toughest applications; delivers 2.0 feet /pounds of impact energy for maximum performance
3. BOSCH GBH2-28L
You can’t go wrong with Bosch and the GBH2-28L (great brand name!) is the final recommendation we would put forward as the best
Bosch is a brand you should know when looking for power tools. This corded hammer drill from Bosch is no different, as it delivers an insane amount of power through the cord. The Bosch GBH2-28L does not disappoint and features a 1-1/8 inch spindle size, allowing for more significant bits to be used.
It delivers an incredible 4500 blows per minute and has a variable speed trigger that can be adjusted from 0-2800 RPMs. It has a lifetime motor warranty and a three-year limited warranty.
The Bosch GBH2-28L has a powerful 2800-watt motor.
It is designed for many different applications, from metal cutting to heavy-duty drilling. It weighs only 4.5 pounds, making it an easy tool to carry around.
It has an ergonomic handle that allows for easy grip and usability for all users, perfect for DIY enthusiasts and anyone who regularly works at construction sites.
It has a particular overload system that kicks in automatically to prevent you from over-drilling your material. It is essential if you are working with masonry materials.
The Bosch GBH2-28L also comes with one-year manufacturers and a three-year limited warranty. It also features a lubrication system that keeps everything running smoothly and helps make sure you don’t tear up your motor while operating it.
This corded hammer drill is a professional-grade drill that is versatile, powerful, and built to last for years. It is easy to operate and use, perfect for anyone who wants the best-corded hammer drill.
- Speed: 1300 RPM
- Power: 850 Watts
- Weight: 6.9 lbs / 3.12kg
- Robust 8.5 amp motor – delivers 2.4 ft.-Lbs. Of impact energy for reliable bulldog performance
- Kickback control – uses an integrated sensor to stop tool rotation during bit bind-up situations
- Counter-balanced vibration control – improves user comfort during drilling or chiseling applications
- Vario-lock – rotates and locks chisel to optimize working angle
- Variable-speed trigger with reversing – offers accurate bit starting
The other drills we evaluated:
4. BOSCH 1-9/16-Inch SDS
This 14 Amp corded hammer drill from Bosch is one of the most powerful drills on the market. It has a one-piece motor design that provides a higher-quality drill that will last longer. The 1-9/16 inch spindle size allows for 2-inch bits, more than most corded hammer drills.
Its maximum drilling capacity is 1-3/8 inches, so it has more than enough power to get the job done. It weighs less than 5 pounds and has an ergonomic design even for long periods.
It comes with a two-year limited warranty but does require some assembly upon delivery. The motor on this corded hammer drill is potent, delivering 3100 blows per minute. It works perfectly for drilling concrete and masonry materials such as stone or brick walls.
One of the main complaints is that some users have had battery issues, which is extremely rare.
5. DEWALT Electric Drill, Pistol-Grip,1/2-Inch
It is not the cheapest corded hammer drill, but it is still exceptionally well priced. This Dewalt pistol-grip corded drill features a magnetic on and off switch for quick and easy operation. It has an LED charge indicator and a six-position clutch that allows for easy and precise drilling of different materials.
The DEWALT DW788-2 comes with two batteries capable of delivering 14 Amps each. It also has oversize soft-grip handles that provide a solid yet comfortable grip.
The DEWALT DW788-2 has an optional addition of a ½ inch ratcheting chuck for easier bit changes. It is an excellent feature if you plan to use more significant bits with this drill, which you will be able to do with its 1-3/8 inch maximum drilling capacity.
It weighs about 5 pounds and comes with a three-year limited warranty. You can also consider adding on their 1-year warranty extension.
This corded hammer drill is perfect for drilling brick or stone and other materials to be drilled professionally. It is also great for heavy-duty tasks like plumbing and electrical work because it provides over 2X the power that its competitors give.
6. SKIL 7.5-Amp
This corded hammer drill from Skil has a powerful 7.5 amp motor which helps provide maximum power to get the most challenging jobs done with ease. It has three different positions for the handle, allowing it to be used with comfort even for more extended periods. It comes with a one-year limited warranty, but this can be upgraded to five years if you register your purchase online.
The SKIL 7.5-Amp is exceptionally lightweight and portable, weighing only 3.5 pounds. It features a keyless ratcheting chuck that allows you to change drill bits whenever you need them, without tools. It is great for saving you both time and effort throughout the day.
This corded hammer drill is compact and lightweight. It can be used for drilling a wide variety of materials, from wood to masonry, making it a great addition to any toolbox. It also comes with a three-year limited warranty, but this can be upgraded to five years if you register your purchase online.
7. ENEACRO 1-1/4 Inch SDS-Plus
This corded hammer drill from ENEACRO is one of the most powerful drills on the market. It has a one-piece motor design that provides a higher-quality drill that will last longer. The 1-1/4 inch spindle size allows for 2-inch bits, more than most corded hammer drills. The maximum drilling capacity of this corded hammer drill is 1-3/8 inches. It weighs less than 4 pounds and has an ergonomic design even for long periods.
It comes with a one-year limited warranty but does require some assembly upon delivery. The motor on this corded hammer drill is potent, delivering 3100 blows per minute.
It works perfectly for drilling concrete and masonry materials such as stone or brick walls. One of the main complaints is that some customers have had battery issues, but these were extremely rare.
8. DEWALT Rotary Hammer Drill with Shocks, D-Handle, SDS, 1-1/8-Inch
This corded hammer drill from DEWALT has a powerful 12 Amp motor that provides maximum power and torque. It is small and lightweight, allowing for easy and comfortable drilling even through long periods. Its 1-1/8 inch spindle size allows for 2-inch bits, making it an excellent option for larger jobs like masonry or stonework. It has three different positions for the handle, which makes it easy to use comfortably in any position you find yourself.
It comes with a three-year limited warranty. It is one of the most expensive corded hammer drills on the market, but it makes up for it with power and durability. It is excellent for professional or hobbyist builders and electricians or plumbers. This product has a high price tag, but its durability and power make it worth every cent. It is lightweight and easy to use, making it an excellent choice for anyone.
9. BLACK+DECKER Hammer Drill, 6.5-Amp, 1/2-Inch
This corded hammer drill from BLACK+DECKER comes with all the power you need. It has a 6.5 Amp motor which allows it to go up to 2,600 blows per minute. It is more than enough power to cut through virtually anything you throw. It weighs in at only 2 pounds which allows it to be lightweight and portable while still providing enough weight and power for any job out there.
This corded hammer drill comes with a two-year limited warranty, more than most companies offer on their products. The BLACK+DECKER Hammer Drill can drill through a wide variety of materials, from masonry to stone or brick. It also features an adjustable clutch and trigger for easy speed-changing and drilling control while working.
Corded hammer drills are among the more powerful and durable tools out there. They can be used for both light-duty projects and heavy-duty labor. Depending on what job you need to accomplish and your budget, this can be a great tool to have in your toolbox.
911metallurgist.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com