Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links and I may earn a small commission if you purchase through these links.
Best Table Saws
Photo credit: alexdov
Table saws are a staple in many woodworking workshops, as they provide an easy way to make accurate and precise cuts. If you’re in the market for a new table saw this year, you may wonder which table saw the best in 2023. Look no further!
We’ve researched to compile a list of the top five table saws you can buy this year based on their features, quality, and price. We had plenty of help from our community of metallurgists on the saws that stood up to professional use and the latest customer sentiment data to understand which saws are performing well in the long term.
So whether you’re a woodworking enthusiast, a DIYer, or a professional contractor, you will have all the information you need to find the perfect table saw for your needs. We’ll cover everything from the types of table saws to the factors you need to consider when looking for one, and more.
Here’s the list of the 3 best table saws in 2023:
Detailed evaluation of the best table saws:
1. DEWALT 8-1/4-Inch Table Saw [DWE7485] – Best Portable Table Saw 2023
This saw is a great choice for any job site. It features a 15 amperes motor, 5800rpm, and a 24.5-inch rip capacity. The blade size is 8.25 inches, with a maximum cutting depth of 45 degrees at 2.563 inches and 1.75 inches at 90 degrees.
The DEWALT Table Saw can handle a wide range of projects with ease. Its light weight makes it easy to carry around between job site locations. Its safety features include overload protection, a kickback brake, anti-kickback pawls, a guard system, and a riving knife.
The maximum cutting depth at 90 degrees angle is 2.563 inches. The blade diameter is 8.25 inches with a cutting depth of 1.75 inches which provides efficient, accurate cuts every time. It has a height of 27.25 inches and a width of 14.188 inches. With these dimensions in place, the Dewalt table saw is easily maneuverable and perfect for small spaces such as garages or workshops.
As a bonus, the product comes with a three-year limited warranty giving users peace of mind when shopping, making it a great option if you’re looking for an affordable, reliable table saw.
- Power-loss reset in case of a power outage
- Blade brake
- Guard, fence, wrenches, and a miter gauge are all stored onboard.
- Metal roll cage base for job site durability
What we like:
- Compact size and lightweight design for easy portability
- The table saw has a durable construction making it ideal for long-term use
- Easy to use and set up.
What we don’t like:
- Sometimes this table saw may have a poor dust collection system
- COMPACT BUILD - Conserve storage space and simplify transporting this tool with a compact design
- ACCURATE ADJUSTMENTS - Make fast, smooth fence adjustments with rack and pinion telescoping rails
- PROFESSIONAL RIP CAPACITY - Take on large jobs with 24.5 in. of rip capacity for ripping 4X8 plywood or OSB sheets
- Site-Pro Modular Guarding System allows for tool-free adjustments of the guarding
- Power-loss reset prevents accidental restarts following a power disruption when the tool is left in the on position
2. Dewalt 10-Inch Table Saw [DWE7491RS – Best Large Saw
Dewalt 10-Inch Table Saw has a 32-1/2-inch rip capacity, 4800 RPM motor, and 15 amp power. It offers a unique rack and pinion fence system that allows you to adjust your blade accurately and easily and provides smooth and accurate cuts.
This saw has a maximum rip capacity of 32-1/2 inches to the right of the blade. You can cut material up to 2-1/2 inches deep at 45 degrees and 3-1/8 inches deep at 90 degrees. The 15 amp motor runs at 4800 RPM for increased accuracy, power, and speed. This makes it great for cutting through tough materials like hardwoods and plywood.
It has dimensions of 21-7/8″ x 26-3/8″ and features a rolling stand that allows you to quickly and easily transport it from job site to job site. It also features a dust collection port that connects to a vacuum, which keeps your work area clean and free of debris.
Overall, the DEWALT 10-Inch Table Saw is an excellent choice for any woodworker or DIYer. With its rack and pinion fence system, you can be sure that your cuts will be precise and accurate every time.
- Telescoping fence rails collapse to form a small, portable package.
- A ripping fence that flips over allows for narrow rip cuts.
- The 2-1/2″ Dust Collection Port connects easily to a vacuum for efficient dust extraction.
What we like:
- Numerous safety features make it ideal for home or job site use.
- Its motor is powerful enough to cut through tough materials with ease
What we don’t like
- The calibrations of the saw may not be accurate until they are fine-tuned
- Your purchase includes one Dewalt table saw, 10inch 24-tooth carbide blade, rolling stand, push stick, miter gauge, rip fence, 2x blade wrenches, blade guard assembly manual
- Other Specs: Max rip to left of blade – 22inch | Max rip to right of blade – 32-1/2inch | Max width of Dado – 13/16inch | Arbor size – 5/8inch | Amps – 15 | Depth of cut at 45inch – 2-1/4inch | Depth of cut at 90° – 3-1/8inch | No Load Speed: 4800 RPM
- Rolling stand designed for easy set up and breakdown with excellent stability
- Rack & Pinion Telescoping Fence System Make fence adjustments fast, smooth and accurate
- Features a 15.0A high torque motor with the power to cut pressure treated lumber and hardwoods
3. BOSCH 10 In. [4100XC-10]
The Bosch 10 In. Worksite Table Saw with Gravity-Rise Wheeled Stand 4100XC-10 is the perfect tool for any job site. With its powerful motor and soft-start circuitry, it can handle even the toughest materials with ease. The saw’s 10-inch blade can make precision cuts, and its maximum cut depth at 45 degrees is 2.25 inches and 3/1/8 inches at 90 degrees.
This saw also features a large aluminum top that measures 30 inches, as well as an impressive rip capacity of 30 inches to the right and 8.5 inches to the left. The saw is also highly portable, measuring 27 inches in length and 32.5 inches in width, and only 13 inches in height when set up.
It is powered by a 120V power source and has a 4.0 max HP motor that runs at 3650 rpm, drawing 15 amperes of current. The Bosch 10 In. Worksite Table Saw with Gravity-Rise Wheeled Stand 4100XC-10 is the perfect choice for any job site.
- Auxiliary Fence for Narrow Workpieces
- Smart Guard System
- Adjustment Wrench
What we like:
- The saw’s powerful motor quickly cuts through even the toughest materials
- The ergonomic design of the table saw makes it easier to use and reduces fatigue.
What we don’t like:
- When used, the saw is noisy and vibrates
- POWERFUL TABLE SAW: Has 15-Amp saw with 4.0 max HP and 3,650 rpm, for rip-cutting and cross-cutting of fine and rough materials
- LARGE CAST ALUMINUM TOP: Provides increased work space and material support with a 30 In. ripping capacity
- SOFT-START CIRCUITRY: Manages intensity of motor start-up and minimizes the likelihood possibility of tripping a circuit breaker
- CONSTANT RESPONSE CIRCUITRY: Helps maintain speed under load
- RESTART PROTECTION: Helps to avoid accidental startup
4. SKIL 10 Inch Heavy Duty Worm [SPT99-11]
The SKIL 10 Inch Heavy Duty Worm Drive Table Saw is a great choice for any woodworking project. Its compact size makes it easy to set up and take down, so you can start cutting quickly.
The saw’s powerful 15 AMP Dual-FieldTM motor delivers high torque to cut through even the toughest material. It has a max cutting depth of 3-5/8 inches at 0° bevel and 2-3/10 inches at 45° bevel, and its maximum rip capacity is 30-1/2 inches from the right side of the blade.
You can make precision cuts with its bevel adjustment lever that can adjust up to 47°.
The saw comes with a precision rack and pinion fence system that makes fence adjustments quickly and smoothly, giving you more accurate cuts. It comes with a rugged rolling stand with 16-inch wheels and easy-load handles that make moving it around your workspace easier and safer.
Furthermore, the saw has a dust port elbow to contain debris in one area for clean-up, as well as an outfeed and left support that lets you make larger cuts by yourself. Therefore, it is a great option for any woodworker who wants to be able to make precise and powerful cuts quickly and safely.
- Rolling stand with 16 inches wheels and Easy-Load
- Precision Rack and Pinion fence system for quick and smooth fence adjustments
- Larger cuts can be made by one person thanks to the outfeed and left support.
- 15 AMP Dual-FieldTM motor that keeps the motor cool
What we like:
- Strong motor, which allows for quick and powerful cuts.
- Adjustable fence accommodating different sizes of workpieces.
What we don’t like:
- It may take a while to assemble the pieces after purchase
- Legendary worm drive gearing with 3-5/8 inch depth of cut and 30-1/2 inch rip capacity
- Precision rack and pinion fence system makes fence adjustments quickly and smoothly for accurate cuts
- Rugged rolling stand with 16 inch Wheels and easy-load handles delivers unsurpassed mobility
- Dust port elbow contains debris to 1 area for clean-up
- Outfeed and left support allow for larger cuts to be made by 1 person
5. SKIL SPT99T-01 8-1/4 Inch Portable Table Saw
The SKIL SPT99T-01 8-1/4 Inch Portable Worm Drive Table Saw is one of the best in the market. This saw is powerful and reliable thanks to its legendary worm drive gearing, which provides maximum torque for ripping applications.
You can tear through sheet goods and slice up to 3x with the 2-5/8 inch depth of cut and 25-inch rip capacity. It has an all-metal construction for maximum durability and features a 24-tooth SKILSAW High-Speed Steel blade and a brake system.
This saw comes with a charge of 120 volts and a current of 15 amps. It operates at a speed of 5300 RPM and weighs 51.15 pounds with dimensions of 25.75″L x 25.2″W x 14.88″H. It comes with a 6-feet cord and has a max cutting depth of 2-5/8 inches at 0° bevel, 1-7/8 inches at 45° bevel, 12 inches max RIP of left of the blade, 25 inches max RIP of the right of the blade, and 0.5-inch max width of the dado.
For added convenience. This saw comes with a stand that can be purchased separately (SPT5003-FS). With all these features, it is among the top-rated saws in the market
- Power Source Corded
- Product Dimensions: 25.75″L x 25.2″W x 14.88″H
- 120 Volts charge
- Amperage: 15 Amps
- Item Weight: 51.15 Pounds
- A speed 5300 RPM
What we like:
- Its lightweight and compact design make it easy to transport and store
- A ten-inch carbide-tipped blade ideal for cutting through even the toughest materials.
What we don’t like:
- The saw does not come with an extension table hence limited in its ability to make larger cuts.
- Legendary worm drive gearing offers maximum torque for ripping applications
- Precision rack and pinion system makes fence adjustments quickly and smoothly for accurate cuts
- Light weight and compact footprint make it easy to move around the jobsite
- Tear through sheet goods and slice up to 3x with the 2-5/8 inch depth of cut and 25 inch rip capacity
- All-metal construction delivers legendary durability
Types of Table Saws
Benchtop table saws are the most popular type of table saws due to their portability and convenience. When looking for a benchtop table saw, you want to consider its weight. They weigh between 45 and 60 lbs, making them easy to move around in your shop or take on the go.
Contractor Table Saws
Contractor table saws are significantly heavier than their benchtop counterparts, and they weigh between 90 and 150 lbs. They cost about $500 up to $3,000, depending on the table saw’s power and quality, and also have a great cutting capacity of up to 24 inches of stock widths, making them ideal for larger projects like ripping large boards.
Cabinet Table Saws
Cabinet saws are more powerful than other types of table saws and are typically equipped with a 220-volt motor that can produce between 5 to 7 horsepower. They weigh over 600 pounds, and prices range from $1,200 to $5,000, depending on the model.
Hybrid Table Saws
Hybrid table saws typically operate on a 220-volt circuit, weigh between 275 and 325 lbs, and are usually sold for anywhere from $750 to $1500. Mobility is also a great perk with hybrid table saws, as many come with foldable stands or wheels. They provide the same accuracy and power as a cabinet saw but with greater portability.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Table Source
When it comes to the power of your table saw, you have a few choices. Smaller benchtop saws usually have a motor with a horsepower range between 3/4 and 1.5 horsepower. Larger benchtop saws typically have motors with a range between 2 and 4 horsepower.
For most woodworking tasks, a motor with 1.5 to 2 hp will suffice, and If you plan on cutting large pieces of lumber and precise cuts, you’ll want to opt for a motor with at least 3 hp.
Cutting Depth and Blade Size
The most common blade size for table saws is 10 to 12 inches, although some models use larger or smaller blades depending on the material you plan to cut. In terms of maximum cutting depth, a table saw should be able to handle at least 3.5 inches, enough for most materials. Some specialty table saws offer a much deeper cutting depth, but they come at a premium cost.
Rip capacity refers to the maximum width of a material that can be cut on a table saw. Most entry-level benchtop table saws offer a rip capacity of up to 18 inches, while some professional table saws can handle up to 60 inches of material. Knowing your saw’s rip capacity helps you determine which projects are suitable for it and which ones aren’t.
Table saws are typically rated in revolutions per minute (RPM). The higher the RPM, the faster and more accurate the cuts will be.
For soft materials, such as wood or soft plastics, a minimum speed of 3500 RPM is necessary. A maximum speed of 4000 RPM is recommended for harder materials such as metal.
Table Saw FAQs
Q: What do you use as a table saw for?
A: Table saws are mainly used to make precise, accurate cuts on sheet goods, including plywood and hardwoods. You can also use them to rip, crosscut, miter, and bevel your material, depending on the type of blade and the size of your workpiece.
Q: What is the best brand of table saw?
A: There are numerous table saw brands available in the modern market, and despite sharing a common purpose, most offer features that keep them on a competitive edge. Many buyers, reviewers, and experts have regarded DeWalt as a top-class brand in all-purpose table saws. Other brands, such as Bosch, are not far off behind.
Q: Is it worth buying a table saw?
A: Absolutely! Table saws provide a level of precision and accuracy that most other power tools cannot achieve, so if you need fine cuts or accuracy in your projects, investing in a quality table saw is well worth it.
The market is full of attractive and cutting-edge table saws. However, we have narrowed the list to the best prospects that are simple to use and efficient based on any budget, preferences, and attractive bonus features.
Related Product Guides: