Our systems of direct eluate and indirect thermal oil heaters are manufactured to a high quality specification.
Customisable to satisfy our customers’ needs in both the gold mining industries and other industrial heating applications, they permit both direct fluid heating or indirect heating through provision of associated plate or tube and shell heat exchanger systems.
For direct heating – particularly of eluate (caustic-cyanide solutions) in gold mining, our horizontal stainless steel 3 pass helical coil design is optimised to reduce the incidence of caustic fallout.
Ideally suited for Pressure Zadra solution heating, Our extensive experience with elution provides you with the confidence of a highly efficient and long lifetime heating solution.
The heaters cylindrical design provides two helical coils manufactured from schedule pipe arranged to raise the temperature of the circulating fluid by radiant and convective heating from combustion of either diesel or gas in the front mounted burner system. High density rockwool insulation between the two casings provides for low temperatures (30-40°C) in the outer casing, minimising thermal losses through the structure and preventing burns from unintentional contact with the boiler.
Direct stainless steel helical coil heating provides you with the following benefits:
- Comparatively low capital outlay compared with indirect thermal heating systems
- Simplistic design with low maintenance requirements
- Unattended boiler operation in most jurisdictions due to the coil design versus a pressure vessel heating volume
- No thermal shock and stress corrosion of low cost, low lifetime fire tube direct heater designs
- Long life stainless coil construction
For indirect thermal oil heating, we can provide options of both horizontal or vertical configurations. There is no functional difference between a horizontal thermal oil heater and a vertical thermal fluid heater, with the choice being made according to the available space and height in the plant, and ease of maintenance.
- Our thermal oil heaters provide heat through liquid fuel (HFO, light oil) and/or gaseous (natural gas, propane, etc.). A thermal oil heater is the main component in a thermal fluid heating system, where a liquid fuel is heated and circulated to provide energy to different energy users within a closed circuit.
- Automatic running of the heater and indirect surveillance.
Thermal oil heating system have numerous benefits including:
- Our thermal fluid heaters operate without reduced pressure and no water generated steam. This avoids the typical problems related to steam heating systems, such as leaks, corrosion, water treatment, etc.
- Thermal oil heaters require low maintenance.
- Fuel savings up to 20% compared to steam heating systems. A thermal fluid system consists of a closed circuit with minimum energy leaks. At least 90% of the fuel is used in the heating process.
- Thermal oil heating systems are highly efficient thanks to the temperature uniformity through all the production process.