This is our industrial size electric melting furnace for non-ferrous metals such as Copper alloys, Aluminium, Zinc, Silver, Gold.
- HEATING ELEMENTS: our standard is FeAlCr (2,300°F). These coil elements are winded up around a ceramic tube for support. It gives a better heat distribution because all the surface of the elements is in contact with air. We use low-density elements which offer a longer lifetime.
For copper alloys, we use Silicon Carbide (SiC) elements for higher power and temperature (2,550°F).
- QUALITY INSULATION: 7” of insulation; 4 ½” thick low-density refractory bricks (rated 2,600°F) and 2 ½” fibreboard (mineral fibre rated 1,900°F). At the bottom, underneath the crucible, we use castable and refractory bricks together.
- TEMPERATURE CONTROLLER C/W HI-LIMIT OVERSHOOT PROTECTION: our standard controller is Watlow Ez-Zone PM6 (1/16 DIN).
- HI-LIMIT OVERSHOOT PROTECTION: this device will shut the furnace when the preset temperature is exceeded. A reset button has to be pressed by the operator in order to get the furnace to heat up again.
- QUIET OPERATION: the electric version is much quieter than the gas version. The gas version includes noisy equipment; air combustion blower, gas nozzle, etc.
- TO EMPTY THE MELTING FURNACE: two different versions are available; the tilting version which tilts with the use of hydraulic cylinders. With the stationary Version, an operator needs to use a ladle to take the metal in fusion and pour it into moulds.
- EASY TO INSTALL: these furnaces are “plug and play”. The customer needs to install the crucible, connect the electricity supply (or gas) and go through “Initial firing schedule” of the operation manual supplied with every unit.
- HOW TO OPEN THE FURNACE: the furnace was designed with a lever very easy to operate. To move the cover, lift the lever and push it sideways (swing top cover with lateral displacement).
- CRUCIBLE: our standard is SiC. Other materials are available.
Note: this is our standard design. We can adapt standard models to accommodate your customer’s requirements.