Grinding & Classification Circuits

Grinding & Classification Circuits

  • To participate in the 911Metallurgist Forums, be sure to JOINLOGIN
  • Use Add New Topic to ask a New Question/Discussion about Grinding.
  • OR Select a Topic that Interests you.
  • Use Add Reply = to Reply/Participate in a Topic/Discussion (most frequent).
    Using Add Reply allows you to Attach Images or PDF files and provide a more complete input.
  • Use Add Comment = to comment on someone else’s Reply in an already active Topic/Discussion.

What is the difference between mechanical and centrifugal classifiers (1 reply)

2 years ago
Chisomi 2 years ago

what is dry classification

2 years ago
SmartDog 2 years ago

The following is a very simplified look at the topic.

Mechanical classification is primarily done using vibrating screens or profile wire/sieve bends screens.  Centrifugal classification primarily done using cyclones.

Both of these can done either wet or dry.  Wet classification involves a slurry of solids in water, while dry classification uses solids in an air stream. 

if doing wet classification at fine sizes spiral classifiers or elutriation (upward flowing water column) can also be done for mechanical means.

Please join and login to participate and leave a comment.