- To participate in the 911Metallurgist Forums, be sure to JOIN & LOGIN
- Use Add New Topic to ask a New Question/Discussion about Hydrometallurgy.
- OR Select a Topic that Interests you.
- Use Add Reply = to Reply/Participate in a Topic/Discussion (most frequent).
Using Add Reply allows you to Attach Images or PDF files and provide a more complete input.
- Use Add Comment = to comment on someone else’s Reply in an already active Topic/Discussion.
Please join and login to participate and leave a comment.
I have years of hands-on experience on various CIL/CIP plants but the one I am currently at have an almost manual process of when a carbon pull has finished from the 1st carbon tank (usually about midnight), to straight away transfer carbon from the 2nd tank into the 1st tank even if the 2nd tank becomes lower than desired. Their reasoning is that it collects more gold if it is in there all dayshift, until pulling carbon on nightshift. Whereas I have am of the thought that I can continue transferring more from the 3rd to 2nd tank till there is enough that when I complete transfer from 2nd to 1st tank both those tanks will have desired amounts, ready for the night time carbon pull, which is still a few hours away.
Does moving carbon straight away into the 1st tank collect more gold, or does it just do it quicker than loading up the 2nd tank and then transferring to 1st tank?