- To participate in the 911Metallurgist Forums, be sure to JOIN & LOGIN
- Use Add New Topic to ask a New Question/Discussion about Hydrometallurgy.
- OR Select a Topic that Interests you.
- Use Add Reply = to Reply/Participate in a Topic/Discussion (most frequent).
Using Add Reply allows you to Attach Images or PDF files and provide a more complete input.
- Use Add Comment = to comment on someone else’s Reply in an already active Topic/Discussion.
Please join and login to participate and leave a comment.
We operate a small scale leach plant in a region where it is difficult to find hydrated lime for us in pH control. We tend to only have access to a milled lime ore (artisinal) that comes from local sources.
We are dealing with a very acidic ore, so our artisanal lime consumption can reach almost 25kg/ton of ore.
Is there any significant difference between CaO and CaOH2 consumption in terms of pH control?
Does CaO tend to foul carbon more than CaOH2?
Thanks for your input.