- To participate in the 911Metallurgist Forums, be sure to JOIN & LOGIN
- Use Add New Topic to ask a New Question/Discussion about Hydrometallurgy.
- OR Select a Topic that Interests you.
- Use Add Reply = to Reply/Participate in a Topic/Discussion (most frequent).
Using Add Reply allows you to Attach Images or PDF files and provide a more complete input.
- Use Add Comment = to comment on someone else’s Reply in an already active Topic/Discussion.
Please join and login to participate and leave a comment.
Considering a gold processing plant that is processing ore that contains some copper (chalcopyrite). Copper in the ore is around 300-1000ppm.
The flowsheet includes a gravity circuit and so expect the gravity concentrate to also contain elevated copper from the concentration process.
Typically gravity concentrates are treated in an ILR and then the leach solution is electrowon. This will also leach some copper.
How does the copper in solution affect the electrowinning process for gold and at what levels does the Cu become an issue?
What can be done to combat these effects?