- To participate in the 911Metallurgist Forums, be sure to JOIN & LOGIN
- Use Add New Topic to ask a New Question/Discussion about Hydrometallurgy.
- OR Select a Topic that Interests you.
- Use Add Reply = to Reply/Participate in a Topic/Discussion (most frequent).
Using Add Reply allows you to Attach Images or PDF files and provide a more complete input.
- Use Add Comment = to comment on someone else’s Reply in an already active Topic/Discussion.
Please join and login to participate and leave a comment.
I am trying to figure out the optimal flow rate for a large tank. I am used to 30 ton VAT tanks but have since started using a 150 ton VAT tank.
I know that with a 30 ton tank the flow rate is around 5 l/min but if i use the same flow rate in a bigger tank it takes forever to load the carbon. Is there a ratio i can use or some equation to find the optimal flow rate?
Also i am new to the whole cyanide percentage in solution as previously i have used potassium iodine to check the cyanide concentration in the solution. What is an acceptable range for the cyanide strength? I have been told between 0.18 to 0.2% but on investigation on the internet i have read of 0.02 to 0.05%
I would be greatful to any help i can get. Thanks in advance