- To participate in the 911Metallurgist Forums, be sure to JOIN & LOGIN
- Use Add New Topic to ask a New Question/Discussion about Hydrometallurgy.
- OR Select a Topic that Interests you.
- Use Add Reply = to Reply/Participate in a Topic/Discussion (most frequent).
Using Add Reply allows you to Attach Images or PDF files and provide a more complete input.
- Use Add Comment = to comment on someone else’s Reply in an already active Topic/Discussion.
Please join and login to participate and leave a comment.
I had a gold cyanide solution that contained around 20 grams of gold. I had used around 40 grams of commercial grade sodium cyanide to remove that gold using hydrogen peroxide. It was left in an open plastic container for quite a long time and so it dried up and changed into a kind of dried powder.
I have a proper fumehood and I plan to melt it mixing some borax. Will gold cyanide release gold upon melting and what will be the reaction?
Thnks in Advance!