- To participate in the 911Metallurgist Forums, be sure to JOIN & LOGIN
- Use Add New Topic to ask a New Question/Discussion about Hydrometallurgy.
- OR Select a Topic that Interests you.
- Use Add Reply = to Reply/Participate in a Topic/Discussion (most frequent).
Using Add Reply allows you to Attach Images or PDF files and provide a more complete input.
- Use Add Comment = to comment on someone else’s Reply in an already active Topic/Discussion.
Please join and login to participate and leave a comment.
i am looking for anyone with experience in selecting materials of construction in high concentration chloride brine. we are doing a class 5 feasibility study without any corrosion test work. as a result the selection of materials are generally non-metals. so for pumps and Agitators we are going to be forced to select metallic materials "sight unseen". the total chloride concentration will be more than 100 g/L of Chloride say 3 molar in chloride with attendant Na, Mg, K, Li, B, etc. pH will be in the range 6 to 8 but will be adjusted in the process to about 4 by addition of H2SO4.
we ave been considering super duplex 2507) or one of the hastelloy C276 perhaps.
any guidance from operating experience would be really welcome.