- To participate in the 911Metallurgist Forums, be sure to JOIN & LOGIN
- Use Add New Topic to ask a New Question/Discussion about Hydrometallurgy.
- OR Select a Topic that Interests you.
- Use Add Reply = to Reply/Participate in a Topic/Discussion (most frequent).
Using Add Reply allows you to Attach Images or PDF files and provide a more complete input.
- Use Add Comment = to comment on someone else’s Reply in an already active Topic/Discussion.
Please join and login to participate and leave a comment.
I am currently working as a graduate metallurgist at Anglo-gold Ashanti - Geita Gold Mine in Tanzania. Regarding the sulphide nature of the ore we treat at the plant, we normally add Lead Nitrate so as to suppress the Sulphide minerals from been leached by cyanide but rather react with Lead nitrate added to chemically form Lead Sulphide (Galena). The current problem we are facing is; a daily blockage of the piping system that advances Lead Nitrate solution from our Lead Nitrate mixing tank ( i.e.an agitated tank)... Can I get help on what can be the reason(s) behind the blockage despite perfect mixing withing the mixing tank and what can be the proposed solution(s)?
Thanks in Advance.