- To participate in the 911Metallurgist Forums, be sure to JOIN & LOGIN
- Use Add New Topic to ask a New Question/Discussion about Hydrometallurgy.
- OR Select a Topic that Interests you.
- Use Add Reply = to Reply/Participate in a Topic/Discussion (most frequent).
Using Add Reply allows you to Attach Images or PDF files and provide a more complete input.
- Use Add Comment = to comment on someone else’s Reply in an already active Topic/Discussion.
Please join and login to participate and leave a comment.
I want to recover ruthenium metal from ruthenium hydroxide. Ruthenium hydroxide reaction with nitric acid gives ruthenium crystals and some part of it is dissolved in nitric acid. Would it be correct if I first completely dissolve ruthenium hydroxide in nitric acid and then displace ruthenium either with zinc or aluminium powder, and then boil it in HCl to remove the aluminum from ruthenium?
Would it be a safe process for ruthenium metal recovery or there is some other better method than this? For me it’s ok if I get ruthenium powder of 90% purity.
What are the best precipitants to recover rhodium metal from its chloride and sulfate solutions respectively?
Thanks in advance!