- To participate in the 911Metallurgist Forums, be sure to JOIN & LOGIN
- Use Add New Topic to ask a New Question/Discussion about Mineral Processing or Laboratory Work.
- OR Select a Topic that Interests you.
- Use Add Reply = to Reply/Participate in a Topic/Discussion (most frequent).
Using Add Reply allows you to Attach Images or PDF files and provide a more complete input.
- Use Add Comment = to comment on someone else’s Reply in an already active Topic/Discussion.
Agglomeration of flotation tailings (1 reply)
Please join and login to participate and leave a comment.
Hi everyone! I've been asked to test flotation tailings in column leaching. The tailings have a P80 about 120 um, so to test in a column the particles need to be agglomerated first. The question is, is it possible to agglomerate the sample with this size distribution? As far as I know, agglomeration is performed on crushed material where coarser particles serves as a medium to gather and stick fines. Do I need to add some coarse sterile material maybe?