- To participate in the 911Metallurgist Forums, be sure to JOIN & LOGIN
- Use Add New Topic to ask a New Question/Discussion about Pyrometallurgy and Electrometallurgy.
- OR Select a Topic that Interests you.
- Use Add Reply = to Reply/Participate in a Topic/Discussion (most frequent).
Using Add Reply allows you to Attach Images or PDF files and provide a more complete input.
- Use Add Comment = to comment on someone else’s Reply in an already active Topic/Discussion.
Remove iridium, ruthenium and osmium from 90% to 99.50% gold bar. (No replies)
Please join and login to participate and leave a comment.
Currently we are refining raw god(old jewelry) using silver and nitric acid, and are able to achieve purity of 99.50%, but are not able to remove trace amounts of iridium, ruthenium and osmium. Fire assay method gives purity of approx. 99.50%, but XRF analysis gives us a purity of 96% to 99.5%. I have read many forums, which suggests refining gold with aqua regia. What should we do to refine raw gold and remove minor platinum group metals?