- To participate in the 911Metallurgist Forums, be sure to JOIN & LOGIN
- Use Add New Topic to ask a New Question/Discussion about Pyrometallurgy and Electrometallurgy.
- OR Select a Topic that Interests you.
- Use Add Reply = to Reply/Participate in a Topic/Discussion (most frequent).
Using Add Reply allows you to Attach Images or PDF files and provide a more complete input.
- Use Add Comment = to comment on someone else’s Reply in an already active Topic/Discussion.
Silver electrolysis (1 reply)
Please join and login to participate and leave a comment.
I have 26 kg of pure silver nitrate I am going to make to metal using aluminum, copper or zinc metal. Which solution is easiest to dispose of safely? I want to refine the silver sludge using electrolysis. Will I have to dry it and melt it into an electrode? Also I only have a car battery charger as a power source. Is this feasible? Can I add an external resistor to lower the current? Thanks. Any tips welcome! Alternatively, anyone want to buy the AgNO3 crystals?