- To participate in the 911Metallurgist Forums, be sure to JOIN & LOGIN
- Use Add New Topic to ask a New Question/Discussion about Thickening, Filtering or Tailings and Water.
- OR Select a Topic that Interests you.
- Use Add Reply = to Reply/Participate in a Topic/Discussion (most frequent).
Using Add Reply allows you to Attach Images or PDF files and provide a more complete input.
- Use Add Comment = to comment on someone else’s Reply in an already active Topic/Discussion.
Discharging Slurry at the Top of Dry Stack (1 reply and 1 comment)
Please join and login to participate and leave a comment.
We are running a dry stacking tailing storage facility, that include filter presses and the filtrate water is recycled for reuse in processing plant. Our current storage facility is at its lowest capacity and new facility is under construction.
Because of the low free-board left we cannot be able to discharge slurry in case of an emergency shut down of dry stack section e.g power outage.
Is it safe to create a small pond at the top of the dry stacked material?