Our associates have developed the expertise needed to design and implement environmental protection programs that will pass rigorous review from regulators and funding institutions. However, our associates recognize that environmental management and compliance must occur in the context of a successful mining project. Our associates therefore work with clients to create an environmental management plan that works within project constraints with a minimum impact on project economic performance.
Our associates have abundant experience preparing Environmental Impact Studies and in site environmental characterization. Our associates frequently write geochemistry and environmental sections of NI 43-101 reports. Our associates also write closure plans which reduce closure costs through the application of modern pollution and prevention methods and using our skills in earthworks and geotechnical engineering.
Additionally, our team members were involved in the development stages of geofluvial reclamation designs at BHP Billition’s New Mexico Coal Operations in early 2002. They were successful in gaining approval from the Office of Surface Mining (OSM) and the New Mexico Mining and Minerals Division (MMD) regulators. Since that time, geofluvial reclamation has evolved into one of the premier reclamation design methods with proven methods for erosion control, revegetation plant establishment, and wildlife habitat restoration.
Environmental Management and Social Responsibility services include:
- Acid Rock Drainage Prevention and Mitigation
- Reclamation and Closure Planning
- Environmental Studies – (Impact Studies, Baseline Studies, and Geochemical Studies)
- Environmental Management Planning
- Environmental Permitting
- Geofluvial Reclamation Design
- Sustainable Surface Water Management Plans
- Erosion Control and Best Management Practice Plans
- Training for Safe and Environmentally Friendly Operations
- Safety Audits
- Practical Safety Plan Development
- Environmental Audits