- To participate in the 911Metallurgist Forums, be sure to JOIN & LOGIN
- Use Add New Topic to ask a New Question/Discussion about Pyrometallurgy and Electrometallurgy.
- OR Select a Topic that Interests you.
- Use Add Reply = to Reply/Participate in a Topic/Discussion (most frequent).
Using Add Reply allows you to Attach Images or PDF files and provide a more complete input.
- Use Add Comment = to comment on someone else’s Reply in an already active Topic/Discussion.
Tin concentrate rotary dryer (1 reply and 1 comment)
Please join and login to participate and leave a comment.
Good afternoon everyone. I hope none of you have had problems with covid, please take care. My query is about a rotary dryer for tin concentrate. I am working on an expansion project for the Colquiri mine in Bolivia. In a mine that has a technical audit. The auditors require that the rotary dryer have fans to force air into the combustion box to achieve the desired air dilution in the system. On the other hand, the manufacturers insist that the system does not need forced air because the exhaust fan for the treatment of gases (bag filter) is enough to suck the missing air and that it passes through a window that is in the combustion chamber. They both seem to be right. When is ventilation or forced blowing used and when not?