- To participate in the 911Metallurgist Forums, be sure to JOIN & LOGIN
- Use Add New Topic to ask a New Question/Discussion about Pyrometallurgy and Electrometallurgy.
- OR Select a Topic that Interests you.
- Use Add Reply = to Reply/Participate in a Topic/Discussion (most frequent).
Using Add Reply allows you to Attach Images or PDF files and provide a more complete input.
- Use Add Comment = to comment on someone else’s Reply in an already active Topic/Discussion.
What is the cost of Copper Electrorefining per KG (No replies)
Please join and login to participate and leave a comment.
Hydropore is a start-up company that has spun out of the University of Pennsylvania Materials Science and Engineering labs (www.hydropore.com). Our product is nano-porous aluminum which is made using an electrochemical de alloying process. The closest existing industrial process to ours is the electrorefining of copper. Potential investors are asking what the copper refining process costs. Our research based on information on capital costs, labor, reagent use, electrical energy requirements etc is that it costs approximately USD$1-2 / KG of refined copper. I appreciate there are a large number of variables including the techniques used and size of facility, but we are looking only for an approximate industry average. Does this seem a reasonable estimate based on your experiences? Thank you for your assistance. Peter Lorenzi