A Mineral Hardness Kit is made up of reference rocks and mineral samples and a scratching tool. Test Kits will often contain with (9) specimens: gypsum, talc, calcite, fluorite, apatite, orthoclase, quartz, topaz and corundum. Use will use a nail or scratching tool to see if you can scratch any of the minerals in the box you purchased. Based on whether or not the nail leaves a mark on the sample or not gives you a related indication of the mineral hardness in the kit.
Mineral Harness Kit
STEM Toy Mineral Science Kit Geology Rock Specimen for Young Geologists
- The Mineral Science Kit teaches how to test, classify and identify different kinds of minerals.
- The kit includes fifteen (15) mineral specimens, plus a magnifying viewer and a handy identification guide.
- Perfect for young science enthusiasts, especially those with an interest in geology.
- A plastic storage tray keeps the mineral collection together when not in use.
- Recommended for ages 8 years and up.
Kit of Mohs’ Hardness Mineral Identification
Mohs' Hardness Test Kit for Industrial Applications
- This set includes 8 Mohs' Hardness Points from Mohs' 2 through Mohs' 9, nicely mounted in nickel-plated Brass, color-coded, number-stamped, double-ended Pin Vises. Also includes two Hardness Plates of Mohs' 3.5 and 5.5, a 100x Sharpening Stone, along with laminated Instructions permanently affixed to inside of case, a Table of Industrial and other materials sorted by Mohs' Hardness, all compactly packaged in a molded Plastic carrying Case, designed for use in rugged workplace environments.
- The Hardness Points are made of Metals and Alloys of equivalent Mohs' Hardness as the mineral standards, so the points will not break off, and they can easily be re-sharpened, and ultimately replaced after many years. This beautiful and thoroughly conceived tool is made for the opposite of "planned obsolescence".
- This is probably the foremost tool used in the Concrete Polishing industry, for determining the Mohs' Hardness of the underlying Concrete matrix. We especially configured it with customized components, Instructions, Hardness Tables, and Carrying Case for Industrial use.
- IMPORTANT: For Rockhounds and Mineral enthusiasts, instead, we highly recommend our especially configured Deluxe Hardness Pick Set and Mineral Identification Kit. Just search Amazon using that keyword string.
- One year Warranty, 30 day Money-Back Guarantee