This arrangement and flowsheet of a Mini Portable Gold Processing Plant permits several mineral separations by flotation and provides for the possible recovery of other minerals by gravity concentration. The flowsheet is ideal for a pilot-plant in field testing of ores to determine the economic feasibility of an ore deposit prior to the installation of a larger plant or for processing ore during the development stages of a mining property.
The arrangement shown here features the economy type rubber-lined Grinding Mill. This mill is roller-mounted with V-belt drive around the mill shell, driven from motor-connected gear reducer. Material discharged from the grinding mill is sized through a spiral screen ahead of a Cyclone Classifier. The flotation cells handling initial feed are equipped with patented discharge cones for return and recovery of a heavy mineral fraction by a jig. Tailings from the flotation machines are fed to a #6 Concentrating Table to assure gravity recovery of any valuable mineral not amenable to flotation. Pan Filters are provided to de-water concentrates.
Portable Gold Processing Plant for Sale
One of the most serious problems confronting the mining industry today is how to profitably begin the small scale milling of ores from mines where insufficient ore has been developed to warrant an expensive mill installation, but where a large plant might be needed later. The same question arises in connection with the economical working of numerous small but relatively high grade ore deposits.
Portable Mills, and in particular, Truck Mills, are a most practical solution to this problem. For a relatively small investment a complete and efficient mill can be brought to the mine and speedily put into operation. When the high grade deposit has been worked or the formerly promising operation no longer fulfills the operator’s expectations, the mill may be transported as a complete unit to another location.
In the Truck Mill the portability has been carried out to the highest degree. All of the units are carried on a truck or semi-trailer, which serves as the operating floor for most of the units. Power for the entire milling unit is usually supplied with either a Diesel or gasoline driven electric generating set, but a belt driven mill can be supplied.
Some of the advantages obtained with Portable Gold Process Plant are summed up as follows:
- Low initial cost for a complete mill which is ready to operate;
- Mill can be easily transported from one place to another;
- Small isolated ore deposits can be worked that would not justify a permanent mill installation;
- Flexibility of the equipment furnished, and in particular the flexibility of the Flash Flotation Machine, enables the operator to easily and rapidly work out the most efficient flowsheet for the ore to be treated.
- Provides a plant to mill ore produced during the development period of prospective large producers. This gives an income during development.
- Eliminates the “monuments” of abandoned mills by providing for common sense investments through testing before building. Portable Mills or Truck Mills can be used as efficient test units or as pilot plants, assuring the success of future large scale installations.
- Utilizes standard and proved equipment which is low in cost and insures greatest likelihood of a successful operation.
Portable Gold Processing Plant Equipment List
Processing Circuit Options of Portable Gold Plant
Source: This article is a reproduction of an excerpt of “In the Public Domain” documents held in 911Metallurgy Corp’s private library.