DISK PULVERIZER MODEL: Type UA, Braun (now BICO)- The Braun BICO Type UA Disk Pulverizer, while particularly adapted for metallurgical samples, is also rendering excellent service in industrial laboratories.
Bearings: UA 55 and UA 56 babbitted bushings are removable and replaceable and can be rebabbitted in any convenient shop or new bearings may be obtained. The bearings are lined with the best anti-friction metal held in place by the cap screws on which the grease cups are mounted, and if properly lubricated will last for years.
Simplicity: With ordinary care and keeping of the grease cups properly filled, the machine will last indefinitely. The only parts to replace are the grinding plates, and these will handle from 2500 to 7500 usual ore samples (according to kind) for each set of plates.
Capacity: With quartz ore, previously crushed to ¼ inch, the machine has a record of one pound pulverized with one grinding to one hundred mesh in one minute.
Disk Pulverizer Grinding Plates
Types UA51 and UA52. Net weight, 19 pounds.
Disk PULVERIZER, Sample Grinder, Type 6R Braun BICO—A hand power machine for pulverizing rock. It will pulverize a 4 ounce sample of hard quartz rock to 60 mesh in 2 minutes, to 80 mesh in 2½ minutes, to 100 mesh in 3 minutes.
Like all our machines, this Pulverizer has been designed to meet laboratory requirements. Permanent adjustment for any desired mesh can be maintained by setting the two lock nuts in the proper position. Only the nut at the top of the adjusting screw is released to lower the revolving disks for thorough cleaning. The ease with which this machine can be cleaned will readily appeal to the operator.
It is dust proof, and there is no loss of material. The gears are machine cut and are enclosed, obviating all danger. The vertical shaft runs in special oil-less bearings and is supported on ball bearings. There is little or no friction.
Grinding Plates: Types Nos. X8 and X9. Net weight, 11 pounds.
INSTALLATIONS FOR INDIVIDUAL DISK PULVERIZER
- BICO DISK PULVERIZER—Braun Type UA with special V pulley, four cog V belts, Sterling Mono enclosed motor, 1 H. P., 3 phase, 50/(50 cycle, 220/440 volts and starting switch)
- ROCK PULVERIZER—Braun BICO Type UA with special V pulley, four cog V belts, but without motor or switch.
- CRUSHER, Chipmunk—Small size, Type VC, with four V belts, Sterling Mono enclosed motor, 1 H. P. 3 phase, 50/60 cycle, 220/440 volts, and starting switch.
- CRUSHER, Chipmunk—Small size, Type VC, with four V belts, but without motor or switch.
- CRUSHER, Chipmunk—Large size, Type WC, with special adjustable mounting blocks, four V
- belts, Sterling Mono enclosed motor, 2 H. P. 3 phase, 50/60 cycle, 220/440 volts, and starting switch.
- CRUSHER, Chipmunk—Large size, Type WC, with special adjustable mounting blocks, four V belts, but without motor or switch.
- ROCK PULVERIZER, Bucking Board and Muller—Grinding surface, planed smooth. Handles for Mullers included, but without table.
Pulverizer, Muller, only—For No. 24270, complete with handle.
- ROCK PULVERIZER, Bucking Board and Muller—On trunnions, grinding surface planed smooth. Dimensions, 7 x 28 inches; weight of plate, 37 pounds; weight of muller, 37 pounds. Complete as illustrated.